Thursday, February 02, 2006

Handover Memories

Handover – the act of relinquishing authority/responsibility – is a pretty common term used in the software industry and if your company has a high attrition rate – chances are that you will hear this term very often.

A couple of years ago, one of my colleagues unintentionally split the word giving it a humorous twist - “I will give my hand over to XYZ”.

So whenever I hear the term handover, I tend to recollect a brilliantly executed scene from my all-time favorite movie – Sholay

Gabbar Singh (brandishing two swords in air and declaring his villainous intent) – Ye haath mujhe de de – Thakur…
Thakur (intensely expressing his fear and anger in one word) – Nahi…
Gabbar (smiling more wickedly at the helpless-ness of his enemy) – Ye haath mujhe de de – Thakur…
Thakur (with more intense emotions) – Nahi…

The flashback mode ends with splashes of blood and an equally intense music. Thakur for the first time is shown without his shawl
    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home