Friday, November 18, 2005

Acquisition in Virtual Directory market

The news of OctetString Virtual Directory acquisition by Oracle kind of surprised me and I was happy to see one of the first IdM acquisitions involving a virtual directory vendor.

Virtual directory as a technology has been here since a long time, it has survived the test of time and has also got very popular unlike its meta-directory counterpart which kind of fizzled off - do we see any new meta-directory deployments taking place - I doubt.

Besides Persistent Systems, Radiant Logic, Maxware, now there is also an open source Virtual Directory provider called Penrose in the market.

More and more vendors are looking towards embedding virtual directory functionality within their products to offer flexibility to customers during IdM rollouts. So next time, I will not be surprised on hearing the news of an IdM biggie acquiring a virtual directory product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home